IMPACT HUB LA X LOS ANGELES CITY CONTROLLER'S OFFICE
Civic Innovation Lab
A partnership between Impact Hub LA, Learn Do Share, and the LA City Controller's Office, the Civic Innovation Lab exists to engage the ingenuity of citizens to develop urban solutions through the use of open data, local government support, and a facilitated design process.
As a Design Strategist, my work was focused on improving the usability and functionality of the main website to better serve constituents and the surrounding communities.
Deliverables for the project included:
- Heuristic evaluation of the existing website
- Design recommendations for website improvements
- Medium-fidelity wireframes for critical pages
- Personas and other design artifacts to facilitate project communication.
- Prototype new ways citizens can work productively with government and engage a community of designers, developers, nonprofit leaders, artists, activists, data scientists, policy makers, academics, and entrepreneurs to tackle city-wide challenges such as housing, education, small businesses, neighborhood stabilization, and transportation;
- Use Open Data to create solutions that further our local economy and better our communities;
- Demonstrate a stakeholder engagement process of designing with and for end users;
- Facilitate partnerships with civic tech leaders, government teams, and policy experts to create lasting, impactful solutions.